Why are AXG Home Sleep Tests so inexpensive?
- We do not accept insurance (unless PPO in the Sacramento area) and pass that cost savings onto our customers.We also have less overhead since the testing is done in the comfort of your home. You also save money since you are attaching the electrodes yourself. It’s a simple process that most people can accomplish without much trouble. If we can do it, then you can do it. It is possible some may need some assistance attaching the electrodes and sensors. If you have a PPO plan, we will provide you with a form to seek reimbursement from your health plan.
What makes you different from other Home Sleep Testing Services?
- AXG Sleep Diagnostics offers Type 2 Sleep Tests. Type 2 sleep tests record a minimum of 7 channels (we record 20) including EEG (Sleep), Body position, EOG, EMG, ECG/heart rate, airflow, respiratory effort and oxygen saturation. This is the same as an in lab study, except that it’s not attended by a RPSGT. We also use detailed reports that you would get from an in lab study. This means we know if you are position or REM specific with any possible sleep apnea. This gives you greater flexibility for your treatment options. See our sample report: AXG Sample Report
- Other home testing services offer Type 4 tests. These measure airflow, blood oxygen levels, and one respiratory belt (only 3 channels). This is a screening test that typically requires further testing ( in lab sleep test) at an additional cost. See their sample report: Type 4 Sleep Test Sample Report
Who is eligible for an AXG Sleep Diagnostics Sleep Test?
- People 18 years of age and older. Home sleep tests are not recommended for children or older adults.
- People who have loud and frequent snoring, daytime sleepiness, obesity, and witnessed pauses in breathing during sleep.
- In general, people who are relatively healthy and have no other major medical problems. Other medical problems can affect the results of a home sleep study, including lung disease, neuromuscular disease, oxygen use, and congestive heart failure.
- People who meet all the requirements to utilize our sleep testing rental service.
What are the requirements for me to use AXG Sleep Diagnostics’ Services?
- A completed Physician order form for our services. AXG Sleep Diagnostics Printable Referral Form. We can assist you in obtaining this from your doctor.
- Copy of your valid government issued identification card. (Scan or take a photo, then fax or email. 912-266-7504 or email@example.com)
- Completed Equipment Rental Agreement with credit card authorization for equipment deposit.
Do you accept private insurance?
- Yes, but only in the Sacramento Area. Nationally, we are a self pay health service that does not deal directly with insurance companies. We do provide insurance compliant invoices that allow you to seek reimbursement from your insurance company. We can save you money as well as give you the accuracy and convenience of a full home sleep study.
Do you accept Medicare?
- No, we do not accept Medicare assignment and have no relationship with them.
Do you accept Medicaid?
- No, we do not accept Medicaid and have no relationship with them.
Will my insurance reimburse me for my AXG Sleep test?
- In most cases. However, reimbursement is an agreement between you and your insurance company. Check with your insurance company first if you are planning on attempting to collect reimbursement. You can even seek reimbursement through your flexible spending account.
- AXG Sleep Diagnostics is a cash based direct to patient business model. We don’t deal directly with insurance companies and pass the resulting savings to you. No third party makes this very streamline.
- AXG Sleep Diagnostics will provide an itemized invoice that contains applicable insurance billing code(s) for your home sleep test.
Why do you require a credit card charge authorization?
- We do this as a security measure so we can be sure we get our equipment back in a timely manner and someone else is able to utilize our services. Your card will not be charged unless you decide to keep our equipment for an excessive period of time.
- Local test users are not required to submit a security deposit.
How long will it take before I can have my sleep study?
- Once all the paperwork is complete you can have your test performed within 72 hours in your own home depending on our equipment availability. Many sleep labs have wait times of several months. Remember that an order is required from your physician to use our services.
Is there any preparation on my part prior to the Sleep Study?
- An AXG Sleep Diagnostics home sleep test rental kit is shipped directly to your home. Detailed written instructions and a video are provided explaining the setup process you need to complete. Just be ready to use the testing equipment the night that you receive it.
Will I be able to move while I sleep?
- Yes. All the equipment is self contained. You will have a difficult time with this if you like to sleep on your stomach since the testing module is affixed to your chest.
Can my bed partner sleep in the same bed?
- Yes. With AXG Sleep Diagnostics system, you are tested in your own sleep environment.
How long will the sleep study last?
- You wear the device for one night (sometimes two depending on test you ordered). It’s recommended it is worn for at least 6 hours (each night if applicable).
What do I do if I have to get up in the middle of the night?
- Nothing. Just get up. The device is attached directly so there is nothing to detach.
Will I have my own restroom?
- Of course, you’re in your own house! Not true with an in lab sleep study. There you will have to wait a short period of time to be detached. Then you will likely be using a share restroom.
What will be attached to my body for the test?
- A minimum of 16 sensors total are attached to your face, chin, scalp, index finger, nose, and chest. These sensors are attached by you using hypoallergenic tape and possibly adhesive pads. It is a very thorough study!
What will the test be monitoring?
- Respiratory effort (2 channels), breathing, pulse, body position, blood oxygen saturation, body position, heart rhythm, brain waves, eye movements, and (sometimes) leg movements for the presence of a sleep disorder. Just like a full in lab sleep study!
What if I can’t figure out how to work the AXG Sleep Study Device?
- You will be given detailed instructions that will walk you through the device set up and testing procedure if needed. Phone support will be available if needed during the set-up process. The device itself provides you with information if something is wrong. An operations video is also included. Watch the video showing the electrode attachment process in its entirety to determine whether or not this is something you feel comfortable with. Here is a short video showing the process:
How is the quality of the sleep test?
- Very good. This is the same home diagnostic equipment used by many sleep labs. The accuracy of your sleep test may be more reliable in your own bed, climate control, pillow, private restroom, etc. We will guide you through the steps to make this as accurate as possible.
Will my study be interpreted by a Board Certified Sleep Specialist?
Will my study be manually scored or auto scored?
- Manually scored by our board registered sleep technologist and clinical sleep educator. Monthly Inner Scorer Reliability exams are required. We also score RERAs so that you have the most accurate diagnosis possible.
How quickly will I get my results?
- As quickly as possible, though this is somewhat out of our control. Your doctor will usually have the results of the test within 4 business days after we receive our equipment back from you.
Is the sleep study covered by my insurance?
- Check with your insurance. We don’t deal with insurances. We provide paperwork so that you can seek reimbursement from your health plan. We provide one low cost for our services. By not dealing with insurances directly we are able to pass the saving on to you.
What sleep study will be less expensive for me?
- AXG: Our test will cost a fraction of an in lab sleep study, especially if you are self pay, or have a copay and/or deductible which has not been met. Total billed is the same no matter who you are. Check with your health plan if you plan on seeking reimbursement from your insurance company. We perform tests G0398 or 95800.
Further questions? Don’t hesitate to call us at 916-996-0131